Launching new website to production might be painful and full of surprises especially when your website became popular and suffering from unexpected load. In this critical situation you can’t afford loosing a single customer and you need website operational and fast irregardless of load.
Emergency audit, MySQL tuning and Sphinx review is targeted to locate bottlenecks, fix most critical performance problems of the website and provide fixes and guidelines to make it live even under severe load. Emergency audit is a complex process and contains review and profiling of main LAMP stack components that may become most critical for overall performance:
- MySQL troubleshooting for standalone and cloud setup
- MySQL performance and query reviews
- MySQL day-to-day operations and recurrent healthchecks
- Backup and recovery strategies
- MySQL configuration review and system tuning
- MySQL data sharding and partitioning
- MySQL data compression (standalone and AWS/RDS
- Sphinx review and tuning (optional)
- OS & Hardware settings checkup
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any troubles with MySQL or Sphinx!
Please do not forget to provide all the important details related to your issue including technical details like OS type, MySQL version and number of servers.
Additionally you can find some tips and tricks in the talks that I’ve delivered on various conferences and meetups around the world.